Good, sustainable and ethically sourced food has the power to nourish our body, our soul and the planet.
Valia featured in “Women In Industry” page
More than “Just Biscuits” !
If anyone were to say to my 18 year old self, that over the next 30 or so years, I would
- fall in love with food technology and become a Fellow of the Institute of Food Science and Technology in the UK
- move from Athens to London
- marry and live happily ever after
- have a wonderful daughter and a naughty dog
- get a job in the biggest biscuit company in the UK, doing something I love
- grow some of the most iconic brands like McVitie’s, Jacob’s, Jaffa Cakes, Penguin
- have millions of people in the UK and around the world eat and enjoy products I have created
- lead a fabulous team of over 100 dedicated and fantastically talented scientists
- sit on three executive boards
- become passionate about the power of good, sustainable and ethically sourced food to nourish our body, our soul and the planet
- make so many friends
- travel to exotic far away places
- make even more friends
- bring happiness through volunteering
and enjoy every minute of it, I would have said “I’ll have what you’re having!”
I now want to share what I have learnt and what has inspired me with those starting their career or their studies. I hope to inspire them to enter the magical world of food.
It may be “just biscuits” to some, but to me it is a wonderful life. Besides, can you imagine a world without them ?